Direct Manager: Development Manager
- To define the core architecture (i.e. the organisation and structure of the major components and their interaction and interfaces) to support the delivery of the Edge IoT Data Platform
- To ensure that the product is an extensible and re-usable set of loosely-coupled yet cohesive components
- To co-ordinate designs for major solutions and/or assess developer software designs
- Co-ordinates the product's technical architecture, capturing its major components, their interaction and interfaces.
- Guide and mentor all levels of technical staff to ensure technical and architectural skills development.
- Work closely with SCRUM team to define and refine the product's architecture as it evolves, to address new requirements stemming from new customer needs, product implementation deficiencies and standards updates.
- Take responsibility for major implementation decisions such as definition of the major architectural components.
- Oversee implementations (of major components).
- Work with the Product Owner to define overall requirements (use-cases) of product features while verifying that the product architecture is not compromised
- Undertake architectural spikes to evaluate potential solutions for risk or new technologies.
- Provide technical back-up to sales, field engineering and PSO as required.
- Liaise with the Product Architects of other product lines to ensure consistent and coordinated product architecture.
- Maintain knowledge about technology and market-trends to assure a lasting match between the product's functional roadmap and its internal technical architecture.
Skills and experience required
- At least five year’s post-graduate software development experience
- Proficient in at least one programming language from the list: C; C+ Java; Python
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the tenacity to find solutions
- Strong collaborative skills – able to work effectively a range of teams and functions
- Communication skills –strong verbal and written English skills
- Well-developed research and analytical skills
- Very detail oriented, able to prioritise and manage multiple issues while maintaining a high level of customer service
- Experience of DDS development
- Minimum 2:1 degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- PhD or Masters’ degree in relevant subject
Since we operate across mutiple time zones you may be required to work outside UK working hours. You should be willing to travel globally, occasionally.
What's on offer?
Our fantastic benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary and Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday, rising to 30 days
- Private Health care and Health Cash Plan
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Lunchtime Yoga sessions
- Social Club
- Career development opportunities
- Informal, flexible, contemporary working environment
- International travel opportunities
Why not apply for this role today, and you could soon be part of the team solving the complex connectivity challenges for Edge IOT and real-world applications.
Send your CV to email@example.com
Alternatively, if you'd like an informal chat before submitting your application, or would like to learn more about the role then please contact us on 0191 497 9935.