- Want to work with the latest technologies, always at the cutting edge of the Internet of Things (IoT)?
- Want to solve big problems that really are a challenge?
- Want to work with Fortune 500 customers and strategic partners such as IBM and Intel?
- Want a highly flexible and agile environment?
- Want to travel the world?
- Want to work with a passionate team in an open, supporting environment where you know you are making a difference?
- Want the opportunity to develop your career in various directions?
You will work in an elite team of highly skilled and experienced software engineers based in Taipei, Taiwan. The team is responsible for developing the Vortex Edge family of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) platform solutions and enabling technologies. The Vortex Edge platform is built around the Vortex Edge Connect framework for connecting different endpoint technologies together in IIoT systems. Vortex Edge Connect enables field devices using a broad range of Operational Technology (OT) communication protocols to efficiently share data with IIoT Edge and Cloud applications which use a range of Information Technology (IT) protocols.
As a Senior/Software Engineer you will be involved in all aspects of software development including; specification, design, implementation, documentation and testing, but also supporting customer engagements with training or consulting services, participating in complex technical meetings with customers and mentoring junior software engineers. The delivery pipeline of the product is set up around TDD, continuous integration and delivery and is managed via SCRUM.
You’ll have the opportunity to develop your career in a range of directions, within our company. If you want to continue developing great products and stay close to the technology, we won’t push you into management. Instead, you can progress towards a Technical Lead role. Alternatively, if you fancy a more customer-facing role, there is a development route that leads towards a consulting role where you support customers in using our products on their site, giving worldwide travel opportunity.
What is Needed?
- A completed Bachelor's or Master's degree in Software Science or equivalent training
- Several years of experience as a software engineer
- Team player
- Eager to learn
- Good interpersonal skills
- Drive to take ownership of your work
- Proficiency in both Chinese and English in word and writing
- Affinity with middleware and real-time systems
- Experience with C, C++, C# and/or Java programming languages
- Strong analyticsl skills, with a hunger for solving problems
- Experience with agile methodologies is a distinct advantage
- Experience with software security concepts is a distinct advantage
What is Offered?
- The excitement of solving complex problems on a daily basis
- An enthusiastic team of software engineers with many years of experience in developing real-time fault-tolerant systems
- Flexible and informal working environment where you have the freedom to get the job done without being micro-managed
- Attractive starting salary
- Excellent opportunities to develop your career.
What are you waiting for?
To apply please e-mail your resume (CV) to: email@example.com
Please Note: We do not require recruitment agencies to assist in the fulfilment of this position.