Direct Manager: Team Lead/Development Manager
- Produce software development artefacts to company standards
- Provide support to Technical Support, Marketing and Sales Teams to aid customer understanding of software implementation
- Guide technical resources to deliver UI/UX improvements to plan.
- Be able to design and implement complex software programs.
- Follow company delivery guidelines and procedures.
- Be able to accurately estimate new work packages or remaining effort on an active work package.
- Produce full range of software development artefacts (source code, design specifications, wireframes, test specifications, test cases, product documentation, task estimates)
- Write product documentation in conjunction technical authors.
- Identify and correct software defects within existing software.
- Work constructively within a team.
- Lead a small teams of engineers, including sub-contract resource
- Mentor engineers in the same team.
- Take guidance and seek advice from senior colleagues when appropriate.
- Support customer engagements with the provision of training or consulting services
- Code review
- Participate in complex technical meetings with customers.
- Occasional travel to support internal and external activities.
Skills and experience required
- At least one year’s post-graduate software development experience
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the tenacity to find solutions
- Strong collaborative skills – able to work effectively across sales, engineering, product management and finance teams
- Communication skills – very strong verbal and written English skills
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge
- Innovative and passionate about building systems and solutions
- Flexible and able to work within broad parameters, using initiative and tenacity
- Experience of IoT development
- Understanding of micro services and containers
- Minimum 2:1 degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- PhD or Masters’ degree in relevant subject
Since the role requires working across multiple time zones, you may be required to work outside UK office hours. You should be willing to travel globally, occasionally
What's on offer?
Our fantastic benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary and Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday, rising to 30 days
- Private Health care and Health Cash Plan
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Lunchtime Yoga sessions
- Social Club
- Career development opportunities
- Informal, flexible, contemporary working environment
- International travel opportunities
Why not apply for this role today, and you could soon be part of the team solving the complex connectivity challenges for Edge IOT and real-world applications.
Send your CV to email@example.com
Alternatively, if you'd like an informal chat before submitting your application, or would like to learn more about the role then please contact us on 0191 497 9935.