PrismTech Announces Vortex 2.2 the Most Comprehensive Real-Time Data Sharing Platform for the Internet of Things
Vortex provides an ideal data connectivity solution for business critical and industrial IoT systems
Boston, MA, USA – May 16, 2016 – PrismTech™, a global leader in software platforms for distributed systems, today announced the availability of its Vortex™ v2.2 Intelligent Data Sharing Platform for the Internet of Things (IoT). This latest version of its award winning IoT platform provides the ideal solution for integrating real-time distributed systems.
Vortex is based on the Object Management Group™'s (OMG™) Data Distribution Service for Real-time Systems (DDS) open standard and builds on proven technologies to provide an efficient solution for real-time device, edge and cloud IoT data sharing. Vortex is a crucial enabler for systems that have to reliably and securely deliver high volumes of data with stringent end-to-end qualities-of-service (QoS). Vortex provides a platform independent interoperable data sharing solution for Embedded, Mobile, Web and Enterprise environments.
Vortex 2.2 includes the following new functionality and improvements:
- Vortex Cloud and Vortex Fog include a number of optimizations that reduce routing latency, increase throughput, and improve performance.
- Vortex Lite now supports Visual Studio 2015 on Windows platforms including Windows 10.
- Vortex OpenSplice™ Tuner and Tester tools are now fully supported on Windows 10.
- Google Protocol Buffer (GPB) extensible data types are now supported by Vortex OpenSplice Tuner.
- Vortex Web now provides support for the TIME_BASED_FILTER Qos Policy. This allows a DataReader to indicate it does not want to see all data samples published for a Topic. The DataReader can control for each Topic instance, at most one data sample every time period. The policy allows applications to optimize resource usage (CPU and network bandwidth) by only delivering the desired amount of data to a DataReader.
- New Vortex OpenSplice Launcher Console for Windows platforms improving usability. The new version of the tool allows users to easily start and stop a Vortex OpenSplice domain based on the active ospl config file and all of the controls that were previously available on the Windows startup menu are now available from the console.
- Updated and improved Vortex OpenSplice reference documentation.
"This new version of the Vortex platform highlights how we have continued to introduce new product improvements since the acquisition by ADLINK Technology," said Andrew Foster, Product Marketing Manager, PrismTech. "We look forward to accelerating the delivery of many new extremely innovative and exciting IoT products to our global customer base in the coming months."
About PrismTech, an ADLINK Company
Our customers deliver systems for the Internet of Things, the Industrial Internet and advanced wireless communications. We supply the data connectivity solutions, tools and professional services they need to build systems with the required: platform coverage, performance, scalability, efficiency, flexibility and robustness. Our customers service many market sectors, including: industrial automation, energy, healthcare, transportation, smart cities, financial services, aerospace and defense.
Vortex is a trademark of PrismTech, an ADLINK Company. DDS and Data-Distribution Service are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Object Management Group, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.