The Software Communications Architecture (SCA) does not specifically dictate how software should be developed, and as such, developing software using the complex technologies specified by the SCA is sometimes difficult to approach. PrismTech consulting services assist Software Defined Radio (SDR) developers in the design and development of these complex technologies required by SCA, and prepares them to develop, maintain and test SCA-based waveforms and platforms using the Spectra suite of products that were designed to cover a broad combination of use cases of the SCA architecture.
In summary, our services cover the following areas:
- Porting an existing non-SCA waveform, modeling it in Spectra, and merging legacy waveform code into the Spectra-generated code for SCA.
- Porting an existing, non-SCA platform service, modeling it in Spectra, and merging legacy waveform code into the Spectra-generated code for SCA.
- Migrating SCA-compliant platform services to Spectra.
Migrating SCA-compliant waveform to Spectra.
For further details about any of our SDR/SCA Workshops please Contact Us.
Workshops consist of short assignments, usually bundled with a training session, where one of our experts analyzes with the Customer its specific SCA project requirements, leading to recommendations summarized in a high-level design report.
- Object-Oriented Development and Component Development, UML, C++ Language, CORBA, SCA experience
- Three-day introduction or Advanced SCA programming course (highly recommended)
- SCA XML Training (highly recommended)
Two days on-site + one day report write-up.
A. Porting existing non-SCA compliant waveforms
This workshop involves getting attendees familiar with the Spectra products so they can create an SCA waveform model and port existing waveform implementations into the generated code from the tool. This workshop allows a team to begin the porting of a provided non-SCA compliant waveform and to understand the steps in performing such an activity. Steps include performing functional decomposition of a waveform based on existing waveform specifications and documentation and developing a waveform model.
B. Porting existing SCA-compliant waveforms
This workshop familiarizes attendees with the feature of the Spectra tools designed to support reverse engineering of existing SCA waveforms and teaches attendees the proper techniques to decouple waveform implementation from the SCA infrastructure code. Steps include Waveform Model Creation by Reverse Engineering and Decoupling Waveform Implementation from SCA infrastructure.
C. Create SCA Radio Platform from Non-SCA Existing Platform
This workshop involves getting attendees familiar with the Spectra PE product so they can build an SCA-compliant platform using an existing platform definition that is not SCA compliant. This workshop offering can be supplemented with professional services to complete the platform development exercise. Steps include creating the platform model based upon Customer existing documentation.
D. Create SCA Radio Platform from Existing SCA Platform
This workshop involves getting the user familiar with the spectra PE so they can reverse engineer an existing SCA platform and decouple its implementation from the SCA infrastructure code. Steps include Platform Model Creation by Reverse Engineering and Decoupling Device Implementation from SCA infrastructure
Complementary Consulting Services
Consulting services also include the following offerings:
- Complementing workshop offerings with mentoring during the completion of the waveform or platform porting effort.
- Implementation of an SCA waveform by our SDR engineers, either on-site, with PrismTech engineers augmenting the Customer Team, or as off-site developments. These services cover any project phase, from design to prototyping and full-fledged developments.