Web Support User Guide
Using the online Support System is very simple and allows you to do the following:
- View a detailed list of all Open issues
- View a detailed list of all Closed issues
- Check the status of all Open issues
- Check the details of Open issues
- Create new issues
- Add attachments to cases
- Add comments to cases
The Support System works on a "case" basis. Each problem that is logged in the system is classed as a Case. Please see below for further information on how to use the PrismTech Support System.
The video below shows a demo of how to use the Automated License System in the Customer Portal.
How to Login to the Customer PortalBack to Top
If you are a valid user of the Support System, you will have received a username and password. From website homepage select Support. From the Support page, select Support Login. You will be asked to enter a username and password. Then select Login.
Note: If you have forgotten your password, please select "Click here to email us". Please send us your username and we will send you your password to your email address.
The first time you login to the system you will be asked to change your password to a memorable word.
When you first login to the system you will see the Home Page. This screen will automatically list all of your "Open" cases. "Open" cases are all outstanding cases that have not been closed. From this page you can log a new case, view a list of all the cases that you have entered (including "Closed" issues), select to view/update the details of any particular case and Logout.
How to view a detailed list of all Open IssuesBack to Top
When you first login to the system you will see a list of all Open issues that you have with us.
Note: if you have no current issues registered in the Support System there will be no list shown.
This list shows you the following details which relate to your cases:
- Number - this is a unique numeric code that is automatically generated when you create a new case.
- Subject- this is title of the case.
- Created Date- this is the date when the case was entered into the Support System.
How to view a detailed list of all Closed CasesBack to Top
You can view a list of all Closed cases by selecting the View Cases tab, then selecting the View Closed Cases button on the right hand side of the screen. This list shows you the following details which relate to your cases:
- Number - this is a unique numeric code that is automatically generated when you create a new case
- Subject – this is the title of the case
- Created Date – this is the date when the case was entered into the Support System
Note: When you select the View Closed Cases button, you will see that this changes to become a View Open Cases button so that you can click between the two views.
How to check the details of Open CasesBack to Top
In order to check the details of a particular case, select the case that you wish to view by clicking on the Subject, which is marked in blue and underlined, denoting it as a link. This will take you to the Case Details screen. On this screen you can see the exact details regarding your query including the Problem description, Problem Solution (if the query has been responded to by us at that point in time), Status and the Case Owner (our engineer who is assigned to deal with the case).
How to check the status of Open CasesBack to Top
The Support System will automatically issue an email notification when the status of your case has changed. You can also check the status of a case by selecting the case that you wish to view by clicking on the Subject, which is marked in blue and underlined, denoting it as a link. This will take you to the Case Details screen. On this screen you can see the status. This will be one of the following:
- New (just entered and hasn't yet been assigned)
- Open (the problem is being looked into by the Support Team)
- Investigate (the problem has been replicated and is either with the development team or a solution is being devised by the support team)
- Closed (the support team has been informed by the customer that the problem resolution was satisfactory and the issued is closed).
How to create a New CaseBack to Top
If you wish to record a new problem in the Support System carry out the following steps:
- Click on the Log a Case tab
- Select the Product that you are using.
- Select Platform that you are running the product on. This pick list will depend on which product you are using.
- Select the Version of the product you are using.
- Optionally enter the Build Number of the product that you are using – if you know what it is.
- Select the Priority of the issue (according to the levels specified in your contract)
- Cases are associated with a login and an email. If you wish more people than yourself to be informed of status updates etc… please enter their email addresses in the Additional Email Contacts box.
- If using a Java™ language based product, then select the version you are using.
- Select the Operating System that the product is running on.
- Enter the Division or Project that you are associated with.
- If there is any other configuration information that you wish to inform us of, then enter it in the Extra Config Info box
- Enter a suitable title for the issue.
- Enter the description of you problem - Note that your query may be added to the Support System Knowledge Base so any commercially sensitive information (including company names, employee names etc.) should not be used in this box.
- Click on the Submit button.
You will now see that your problem has been logged in the Support System and has automatically been given a unique numeric Case Number. Note: Please make sure you keep a copy of the Case Number as this should be used whenever you contact support.
Adding attachments to a CaseBack to Top
Once you have created a Case you can add files to it at any time. These files can be testcode, version information, scripts etc….
To do this:
- Select the case that you want to add the attachment to.
- Select Add Attachment
- Type in the location and name of the file that you want to attach, or use the Browse button to navigate to the file that you want to attach. Note: you can only add one file at a time.
- When you have located the file that you want to attach, select the Attach File button.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have attached all the files that you want to attach.
- Select the Done button to complete the task.
Adding comments to a CaseBack to Top
Once you have created a Case you can add Comments to it at any time. This is useful if you would like to add any more information pertaining to the issue at hand.
To do this:
- Select the case that you want to add the comment to
- Select Add Comment
- Type in the box the comment that you want to add
- Select Submit
- When you return to the Case detail view, you will see that your comment has been added to the Related Comments list
Viewing a response to your queryBack to Top
You will be notified (via email) that we responded to your query. You can view this response by selecting the case that you wish to view by clicking on the Subject, which is marked in blue and underlined, denoting it as a link. This will take you to the Case Details screen. On this screen scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see that a solution has been posted. You can view details of the solution by clicking on the Title which is marked in blue and underlined, denoting that it is a link.
How to exit from the Support SystemBack to Top
You can exit out of the Support System by selecting Logout.
- wish to change any of the contact information associated with your login
- have any problems using the system
- have any improvement suggestions
then please send an email to email@example.com