Contracts and Assets
The Contracts and Assets tab contains two sub-tabs: a Contracts tab and an Assets and Cases tab. Initially, the Contracts tab is displayed.
The evaluation product tab provides links to other PrismTech product you may not have purchased but may wish to evaluate. Evaluation products are also available from the PrismTech website.
The Contracts tab shows a summary of all the contracts with which you are associated as a Technical Contact. If you cannot see a contract that you expect to be visible, it is possible that we do not have you registered as the technical contact for that contract. Please contact email@example.com providing details so that we may review our records.
The following summary information is displayed for each of these contracts:
- Contract Number: This is PrismTech’s internal reference for the contract. This field is a hyper link to the contract itself.
- Contract Reference Number: This is the number referenced on PrismTech’s Order Acknowledgement
- PO Number: This is the customer’s purchase order number, provided when placing the order which initiated the contract.
- Contract Type: This field describes the nature of the contract. Typical values are:
- Standard: a standard 8x5 support contract
- Silver : a 12x5 enhanced support contract
- Gold: a 24x7 support contract
- Platinum: a support contract with customer specific terms and conditions
- Product Only: a contract for supply of product only, with no support provided
- Academic: a support contract for members of PrismTech’s Academic Programme
- Evaluation: a short term support contract for customers who have a PrismTech product under evaluation
- PSO: a contract for the supply of professional services by PrismTech
- Start Date: the date on which the contract commenced
- End Date: the date on which the contract ended or will end.
- Product Family: the main PrismTech product family associated with the contract. Values include OpenFusion, OpenSplice and Spectra.
- Project Name: A descriptive name to assist in identifying the contract.
Click on the Contract Number (which is underlined) if you wish to display more information about a specific contract. The Assets and Cases tab is displayed when you do this.
The Assets and Cases tab consists of four sub-tabs: Assets, Cases, License and Downloads. Initially, the Assets sub-tab is displayed.
The Assets sub-tab displays the details of the selected contract (as described above) and the list of assets associated with the contract.
An ‘asset’ is simply a product that has been purchased under the contract. The asset name, its product code and date of purchase are displayed. The asset name is a hyper link that can be clicked to display more detail on the asset.
The additional detail that is displayed when the asset name is clicked includes the quantity of the asset that has been purchased and a full description of the asset. The downloadable versions of the asset are also displayed in a list under the detail.
The list of downloadable versions of the asset provides the following information:
- The name of the download
- The detailed version number of the download, for example, V3.3.1
- The date the version was released
- An http link to the downloadable file.
Clicking on the http link will enable you to download the file.
The Cases sub-tab enables you to see all the cases that have been raised against a specific contract and to create new cases.
To create a new case, click the ‘New Case’ button. Complete the required fields then click the ‘Submit’ button. For more information, see the PrismTech Technical Support Guidebook.
To see the details of an existing case, click on the ‘Case Number’. You can edit, clone or close the case.
The license sub-tab enables you to manage the licenses required for a contract. A list of assets is displayed initially. Click on the ‘+’ icon to display all the licenses associated with that asset.
To manage the licenses for an asset, tick the check box next to the asset. The page is updated to show the number of licenses available to you, that is the difference between the number of licenses you have purchased and the number that have been supplied. Once the numbers are equal, you can no longer request new licenses. However, you can request to migrate or upgrade existing licenses.
To request a new license, check the ‘Original’ radio button and click ‘Select’.
The screen is updated to provide a form for you to enter the required information. Complete the following fields:
- Host ID/IP Address: This information identifies the system on which you are installing the product. The installation instructions for the product typically describe how to obtain this information.
- Host Name: This is usually obtained at the same time as the Host ID
- Number of licenses: specify how many licenses you require.
Click ‘Submit’. Your request will be submitted and the license or licenses emailed to you. Please note that we are currently creating licenses manually so the will be a delay of up to 24 hours before you receive your license.
If you wish to migrate a license, that is, to transfer a license from one machine to another, select the ‘Migrate’ radio button and click ‘Select’. The screen is updated so that you can provide the Host ID of the new system. We also ask you to provide the original license file so that we can ensure that we provide a correct replacement.
Please note that PrismTech licenses are normally non-transferable. Therefore, any request to migrate a license should be discussed with your account manager before you submit it. You will also be asked to confirm that you have completely removed the PrismTech software from the original machine.
The ‘Downloads' tab provides a records of the downloads made for a particular contract. It lists the product, version, date of download and the name of the contact that downloaded it.