The Vortex Shapes Demo allows users to interactively share data over the Internet using Vortex Device and Vortex Cloud technologies. Vortex Cloud infrastructure is deployed on a Public Cloud and it enables the demo applications running on desktop, embedded, web and mobile devices to exchange data in real-time over a wide area network (WAN) via the Cloud.
The Vortex Shapes Demo currently supports the following flavors of device application:
- A C++ version of the Vortex demo application based on Vortex OpenSplice that can run on Windows (32 and 64 bit) and Linux (32 and 64 bit) platforms.
- A C version (with C++ graphical elements) of the Vortex demo application based on Vortex Lite that can run on Linux (32 and 64 bit) platforms.
- A Java version of the Vortex demo application based on Vortex Café that can run from any PC with Java installed on it.
- A version of the Vortex demo application that can be run from a HTML 5 browser.
- A version of the Vortex demo application for Android devices and based on Vortex Café.
The Vortex Shapes Demo is very simple to run. However we suggest that you read the 'Running the Vortex Demo' guide below first.
In addition to the Vortex Shapes demo, two other demos are accessible via the Demo link, these are:
- A version of the Vortex Chat application that can be run from a HTML 5 browser.
- An online demo of the Vortex Insight web based monitoring the and management tool that provides operational insight into live Vortex systems.