The Vortex OpenSplice Modeler is an integrated Eclipse based modeling tool based on Data Distribution Service (DDS) domain specific model driven development (MDD) techniques. The Vortex OpenSplice Modeler facilitates DDS-based system development by clearly distinguishing between the various 'scopes' and 'lifecycle stages' of the system supported by visual composition, configuration and round-trip engineering.
This purpose is realized by the following means:
- Guidance: the tools provide context-aware guidance regarding the overall DDS concept, patterns and best-practices
- Well-defined hierarchical steps
- Information modeling (topic definitions in IDL, code-generation for topic QoS)
- Application design (Java and / or C++ code-generation for application frameworks and DDS entities such as publishers/writers, subscribers / readers)
- System deployment (information partitioning, network-configuration and durability configuration resulting in XML-based OpenSplice configuration data)
The following components and tools make up the MDD productivity tool suite:
- Vortex OpenSplice Information Modeler: graphical information-modeling tool for system-wide topic 'type' and 'QoS' modeling and related DDS code-generation for Topic-entities and typed readers and writers.
- Vortex OpenSplice Application Modeler: graphical application-modeling tool for application code-generation based on a DDS meta-model and related palette of DDS-entities and application frameworks (for listeners, waitsets, filters, queries)
The Vortex OpenSplice Modeler is available for all platforms supporting Java.